Saturday 16 February 2013

Camden and Richmond

Thursday 14th February

I had originally intended to just go out to the Weekly Wind Up venue tonight but it turned out a bit different to that.
As I left Kentish Town West station I noticed an A board advertising the Camden Brewery. Curiosity got the better of me so I walked up the side street and this is what I found.

fermenters outside

keg not cask
There is now a bar as part of the brewery so I thought I would see what was on offer.

entrance to the bar
 Three halves were drunk here:



No handpumps here!


Detailed info about the beers



Then on to the Weekly Wind Up which was at the Tapping the Admiral pub.

I thought I had blogged about this pub on my previous visit but no so the photos below were taken on  26th April 2012.
A pint of each of Timothy Taylor Dark Mild and Elgoods Black Dog Mild were consumed here.







As I was drinking my 2nd pint, I got a text from a friend saying he and 7 other Wind Up members were in the Southampton Arms at the next down the line at Gospel Oak. A couple of interesting beers were mentioned, so I decided to stop there on my way home.

When I got there, they were still available and a pint ordered (in a straight glass).

The beer wot I had

The pub also does some nice simple advertising outside:



And so back home. You may remember one of my early posts about old BR posters at Richmond station. If not see here

Well they have made a proper feature of them and updated photos are shown below.













2 comments:

  1. Love the posters; I have a book of railway art. The style is great, semi-cartoon and very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite posters are the BR symbol taking off like a plane, so simple really and the informative one introducing push buttons to open the doors.

      Delete