Monday 4 October 2021

Five Wednesdays in September 2021

 Oct 2021

In August I decided to take a couple of wednesdys off work to visit the Walkie Talkie and Shard buildings in London. 

While in a pub in Windsor which I only occasionally visit I realised this would be 3 wednesdays in a row I was doing some thing new or unusual or something I only did occasionally. This was the inspiration behing this blog. I now had to find something to do on the other 2 wednesdays that met this criteria.

Talikng to a colleague at work he mentioned that he might be able to get me a free ticket for entry to the Tower of London, not been I thought so freat. Unfortunately due to Covid restrictions this was not going to be possible. Still I may try again next year.

22nd September would be a problem as taking a day off work would not be feasible. Still I had an idea for something I could do after work. That left finding something to do on the 29th. Travel on a new bit of London Underground from Kennington to Battersea Power Station fitted the criteria. I had visited some new to me London brewery taprooms on the 8th so I did a bit of internet research and another 2 new to me that would be open on a wednesday afternoon with the added bonus that they were not far from each other. 

I now had my 5 wednesdays planned. Would it all work?


Wednesday 1 September

A Hoppy Place in Windsor:



I also drank in the Corner House not far away:



Wednesday 8 September

Links to my blogs below:

Walkie Talkie 

Taprooms 

 

Wednesday 15 September

 Link to my blog below:

The Shard 

I also visted 3 pubs:

The Rake on the outside of Borough Market not far from The Shard


 Mother Kelly's at Vauxhall




Black Dog in Brentford



 


Wednesday 22 September

Had to be in work today so 2 pint takeaway of a new beer at home. First time dinkinking 2 pints of a 10%+ beer in one sitting. A rather smooth fruity little number and very enjoyable.



Wednesday 29 September

First new thing of the day was travelling on the Northern Line extension from Kennington to Battersea Power Station. This opened on Monday 20 September.


 

3 videos below about this:




 



 These are from Geoff Marshall and Jago Hazzard who I both susbcribe to on You Tube.

My photos are here

Then to East London for some beers and photos are here

 

 

So mission accomplished and I hope you enjjoyed this blog, a bit different from my normal scribbles.

 

Ian

 

No comments:

Post a Comment