Sunday 25 May 2014

Day On The Mule

08/05/14

From the Swanage Railway website to explain the title of this blog


So where to start what turned out to be a fantastic day. Well the weather was a bit grim at the start of the day. The walk from the car park in Swanage to the station takes you past the loco depot. Temporarily renamed as the photo below shows.

sorry about poor quality


The view from the bridge:



There was a Network SouthEast theme sort of happening today.

The station running in boards had changed:





Back to the trains.
2 newly restored Bulleid coaches



London Underground's 4-TC unit





Prototype HST power car on display at Corfe Castle Station

Gronk




NSE sign and loco




Chris Green, founder of Network SouthEast was signing copies of his new book and I bought a copy myself.



This poster on a toilet door of the TC made me chuckle.


Also visiting was South West Trains DMU 159004 on The Swanage Lifeboatman railtour from Salisbury. It also did a round trip on the line before heading back so I took a ride.








A very interesting day. 4 trains running. A summary of my journeys is below:

1026 Swanage - Norden with 33111&4-TC
1056 Norden - Swanage with 33111&4-TC
1226 Swanage - Corfe Castle with 159004
1258 Corfe Castle - Swanage with 159004
1320 Swanage - Norden with 50026
1400 Norden - Swanage with 33202
1440 Swanage - Norden with 50026
1520 Norden - Corfe Castle with 33202
1543 Corfe Castle - Norden with 34028
1600 Norden - Swanage with 34028

Then after visiting a few pubs in town I walked to my hotel via the seafront.



I stayed at the Pines Hotel and had a fantastic room.






With balcony and sea view



Then I went to the local pub, the Crows Nest Inn for dinner.

lovely sirloin steak

And to finish off some views from my bacony as the sun set over Swanage



An excellent day finished off with a really good hotel room.

No comments:

Post a Comment