Saturday 28 February 2015

The Italian Job

2/7/15


A couple of films with the same name, similar story but one a classic British film



With probably Michael Caine's much quoted scene.

But why am I telling you this?

Well, a couple of weeks ago (13/2/15) a little bar opened in Chiswick, West London and it is called The Italian Job. The UK's first Italian craft beer pub apparently.

I decided it would be worth a visit as it is not too far from home.





The clock reveals a former name
The A-board outside


And the bar itself

I was the only customer when I arrived just after opening at 5 o'clock, hence the empty bar. Custom soon picked up though.

12 beers were available on draught, 2 on handpump, 10 on tap.

The pub's website is here

2 handpumps:


and the 5 taps next to it



were all from the Ducato brewery,

the other 5 taps had guest beers








As you might expect, it costs a bit more than your usual beer but averaged about £3 a half on the ones I had.

Will I go back? Yes but at the end of the day I still prefer my British ales.



No comments:

Post a Comment