Saturday 19 August 2017

Ram Brewery - Wandsworth

17/8/17

On 22nd June 2006 I paid what I thought was my last visit to Youngs Brewery in Wandsworth.

In fact beer has continued to be brewed there ever since thanks to the efforts of a former Head brewer there called John Hatch.
As the brewery was being dismantled, he put in place and collected items to set up a very small scale brewery on part of the site that remains as some of the buildings have been listed.

The brewery in agreement with present day Youngs management is not commercially registered and is only available at the small bar on site.

The entrance is through an anonymous door in the hoardings on the main road,

into a courtyard



The bar:






Two beers were available:





Unfortunately a brewery tour is not possible but I took some photos a window in the door.





Around the of the bar are pumpclips of all the beers that have been brewed there.




Thanks to the Weekly Wind Up group who arranged a very enjoyable evening.

I also took a couple of photos outside



This area of the brewery was the stables, back then all beer for local pubs was delivered by horse drawn drays.

I end this blog with some photos from my 2006 visit.











No comments:

Post a Comment