Sunday 23 October 2011

Pre blog stuff

Some photos taken over the last few months before I started blogging. Every picture tells a story or so they say.
To celebrate my birthday in May I arranged for a one off beer to be on sale in the Wenlock Arms in London. This excellent pub is unfortunately up for sale and may not be a pub for much longer.


Mighty Oak - Ian's beer

The pump clip

 The full name of this beer from Mighty Oak Brewery in Maldon in Essex was:
national_bus_man's 45th Birthday (note use of underscore, not hyphen).

One of my favourite railway stations (there is no such thing as a train station) is Surbiton. Art Deco brilliance in my opinion. I managed to get some photos during a quiet spell (most unusual)



Booking Hall, although modernised, it still is impressive

To The Trains. Simples!
A photo of Blackfriars station taken from the terrace of the Olde Thameside Inn near Borough Market that I liked .


Some shots around the Borough Market area near London Bridge station.

Market with 'The Shard' under construction in the background



The Market Porter pub

The Rake bar.




 From the London Eye on my first ever trip. Glorious weather gave some impressive views.






After the London Eye we went to a pub in Greenwich and I took this picture of the Dome.


 A Leyland National I did a little bit of help in restoring.



After the Alton Bus Rally in July, the staff retired to MHR platform 3 for a barbecue. The MHR had donated some beer for the helpers and decided to give the trolley the beer was sat on a name. Not my idea at all, I knew nothing about it beforehand.


No comments:

Post a Comment