Sunday 2 October 2011

Recent and Future Beer Festival visits

Over the past few days I've been working at 2 CAMRA beer festivals. Wednesday and thursday afternoons were spent at St Albans Beer Festival. I was serving on the stage bar aka 'tickers' bar. I managed to find time to drink beer from a number of new brewery's to me. Black Paw, London Fields, London Brewing Co, Holsworthy, Mobberley and West Country.

The Stage Bar

The Stage Bar

A colourful train home
Friday and saturday was spent at Ascot Beer Festival, at Ascot Racecourse. For a change, I had volunteered to help with the CAMRA membership stand. However this was not to be. The organisers had decided that it would be better if individuals went round the festival as a sort of mobile recruitment stand. This sounded like a good challenge for me and I'm pleased to report that I recruited 16 new members to CAMRA over the 2 days. I did feel a bit like one of those 'chuggers' (1) you see on the high streets, but at least I didn't have to wear a brightly coloured vest. Beers were mostly from local brewers, but there was also a small Yorkshire bar.
You're welcome

Beers

More beers

Fullers Brewery dray

The spectacular grandstand at Ascot racecourse


And now for future beer festivals. I shall be making my first visit to the Nottingham Beer Festival (13th - 15th October) http://www.beerfestival.nottinghamcamra.org/

And a plug for my local beer festival at the Egham United Services Club (3rd - 6th November)
http://www.eghambeerfestival.co.uk/autumn-2011




(1) chugger = charity mugger http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chugger

No comments:

Post a Comment