Sunday 20 January 2013

First one for 2013 - 2 Winchester pubs

My first post of 2013. Hope you all survived the excesses of the recent holiday period.

On 27th December I stopped of in Winchester on my way home. 2 reasons. To visit a friends new flat and visit a new brew pub.

The pub in question is the Fulflood Arms.




Some pics of the brewery



I had a pint of Fulflood Best. Not the greatest beer in the world but drinkable. The pub has a good mix of seating styles available and I quite like the pub.

On the way back to the station I went into the St James Tavern, a Wadworth house. Their Christmas ale Jingle Drays was drunk here tasting much like their normal beers but with a few spices thrown in.

Bit of a tardis pub this, bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside.

Pictures below.




A gramophone!

2 comments:

  1. Whereabouts in Winchester is the Waddies pub, not heard about it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. St James Tavern is on Romsey Road, near the bottom of the hill up to the hospital

    ReplyDelete