Friday 1 September 2023

A Day Out Photographing Tube Stations

 30/8/23

A day off work to photograph the final 8 stations of my Summer Challenge. 196 photos were taken.

Having just looked at my planning notes, I forgot to visit a Holden designed building in central London. Next time as they say.

Each Challenge station will have a seperate blog, plus a bonus station blog.

A rail relacement bus, SWR train to Waterloo and a Northern Line train took me to East Finchley.


 Then a route 102 bus to Bounds Green station

A Piccadilly Line train to Arnos Grove station

A Picadilly Line train to Cockfosters station

A Picadilly Line train to Southgate station

A Piccadilly Line train to Turnpike Lane station

Time to head south of the river.

Picadilly Line to Finsbury Park station, change to a Victoria Line train to Stockwell, and then a Northern line tarin to Clapham South station.

A Northern Line train to Colliers Wood station


Opposite the station is an aptly named pub called the Charles Holden. I stopped for a half of Tribute.




Then a route 131 bus to Tooting Broadway station

Why here?


I remember watching this sitcom called Citizen Smith.

Back on a nothern Line train from Tootoing Broadway to Clapham North station



then one stop back to Clapham Coomon station




Clapham Common and Clapham Common are the last 2 London Underground stations with 'island' platforms. One central platform where tains stop either side.

Then a Northern Line train to my final Summer Challenge staion, Balham.


Challenge complete I then visited a couple of bars I have never been to.

Fisrst was Clapton Craft


and finally Firefly







A Southern train from Blaham to Clapham Junction, a SWR train from Clapham Junction to Twickenham, and a rail replacement bus got me home.

Plenty of time now to think of a challenge for next summer!








No comments:

Post a Comment