Wednesday 28 March 2012

Watercress Line - Spring Steam Gala 2012

This took place 23rd-25th March.
On Saturday 24th I was Shunter at Alton station. We had a major lineside fire which stopped trains running between Medstead and Alton for a couple of hours but other than that it was a good day.
Sunday 25th March I was Guard on a 3 coach set using for most of the day the visiting M7 class loco no. 53 from the Swanage Railway. First booked departure was 0917, so I signed in at Ropley at 0815 to prepare my coaches. The platforms had engines waiting to depart for their duties, so I took a few photos as I walked to my set.





While I was waiting for my first departure, I thought I'd take some photos of the inside of Ropley signal box for you.




And here are some more views of Ropley before I departed







here are some more photos I took during the rest of the day.













No comments:

Post a Comment