Saturday 23 June 2012

Farewell Gavin Robinson (going oop north)

I was one of many who went to the Rodboro Buildings Wetherspoons pub in Guildford on the 23rd June to say goodbye to a South West Trains driver and Leyland Naional owner.

For some strange reason he asked me blog the event. Job done Gavin.


Above is a picture of his National: Provvy No 76 WFX257S on home ground at Gosport bus station on 7th August 2011.

One particular story concerning Gavin happened a few months ago. I was on the 0730 train from Aldershot to Feltham via Ascot. Just after leaving Ash Vale the train ground to a halt. To cut a long story short, the train had problems and eventually returned to Aldershot where we were told a train was waiting to take us to Ascot. Upon arrival at Aldershot, Gavin was delighted to tell me that he would be coming to my rescue to drive my train to Ascot. my heart sunk initially but about 0930 we left Aldershot once more. I was just glad to be able to continue my journey to work.

I believe Gavin wants to sell WFX so that it can stay down south where it belongs (his words, not mine).

Good luck Gavin and Alysia in Manchester or wherever you settle. Watch out Trans Pennine Express passengers as Gavin will be driving trains for them in his new career.

See you on the 15th July at the Alton Bus Rally if not before.

And finally, a picture of the man himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment