Sunday 10 June 2012

Leeds and Wakefield pubs

Wednesday 6th June 2012.

Travelled first class (advance) once again from London Kings Cross to Leeds.



I had time for a quick half of Fullers - Hope &  Glory at the recently opened Parcel Yard in the recently opened western concourse of Kings Cross station. No photos this time.

At Leeds I had a10 minute walk and then I booked in at my hotel, then started my pub crawl.

First stop was the Veritas for a half of Kirkstall - Pale Ale, then Mr Foley's for a half of York - Diamond 52.

I realised I had broken my camera on the train journey so I bought a new camera in Leeds. Photos of first 2 pubs will appear in a later blog.

Then to Duck & Drake for halves of Roosters - Mild Mule, Slightly Foxed - Slightly Foxed and Howlin Fox, Pennine - Amber Necker and Great Heck - Voodoo Mild.



And then to the Scarborough for a half of each of Adnams - Diamond and Thwaites - Fine Reign. Oops, forgot to take photos here.

Next a train to Wakefield Westgate station. A short walk took me to the Six Chimneys (a Wetherspoons pub) for a quick half of Hambleton - Diamond Jubilee, and then to the Fernandes BreweryTap where I had a half of their Jackdaw Mild and Triple 'O'. I also had a half of Allgates - Kohatu.







Next pub was the Bull & Fairhouse for a half of Great Heck - Golden Bull



Followed by a half of Rat - Lab rat at The Hop.




Harry's Bar was next with a half of each of Copper Dragon - Nation's Pride and Bridgehouse - Jubilee Queen Bee.


This pub below had no real ale but i liked the look of it.







Final pub in Wakefield and the day was Henry Boons. The brewery tap of H B Clark's. There I had a half of their Euro Glory and 60 Diamond.


Train back to Leeds and then bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment