Thursday 21 April 2022

A visit to Wokingham - it doesn't always go to plan

 20/4/22

 So the plan was to visit 2 new pubs to me in Wokingham plus one that had changed owners.

All started well at the first pub, The Outhouse.



 A brewpub, home of the Outhouse brewery.



I had 6 beers here


Then on to the Lord Raglan, now run the Big Smoke brewery.

Two beers here.



Final of the 3 pubs to visit was Sit & Sip. Closed due to technical issues.


Took a couple of photos



Decision time now, do i go to the Crispin or carry on the station and look in a couple of pubs to see if anything new for me. I chose the latter.

the Queens Head had one new beer for me, Stardust - Roast Note



 Then to Station Tap for this one

Upon arrival at the station, more trouble. A complete power failure to the signalling equipment meant no trains were running between Reading and Ascot. 

To cut a long story short, I got a service bus from Wokingham to Bracknell, SWR paid for a taxi Bracknell to Ascot, then train from Ascot to Egham. i ended up just over an hour later home than planned.


So just for a change the plan didn't work. See here for more info on beers I had.



No comments:

Post a Comment